Monday, November 8, 2010

FOOTPRINTS

When I was 4 years old I started reading the encyclopedia. The first set of books that I indulge in day in day out. Everything I read intrigued me. Everything fascinated me. The smallest of creatures to the tallest of mountains. The people I never meet and the unfamiliar languages they speak. What tornados are like and how snow feels on my face. Discovering the world became a dream.

I've never travelled beyond South East Asia. 

So this year I started devicing my grand master plan to travel around the world and experience every page of the encyclopedia. As of last June, my itinerary include Taiwan, US and Eastern Europe.

One day, Riz appeared at my door and I found myself a travel buddy, a confidant and more importantly, I finally found a companion for the one destination that has been very low in my list. Africa. I never want to travel alone in Africa so I knew I couldn't let this opportunity slip away. In March 2011, South Africa is where I start, moving my way north until I embark on a solo journey throughout Eastern Europe. 

Riz said that the odds are that I may be the only Dayak girl making my way up Africa to Eastern Europe, but I guess we'll have to find out. All I know is that it's going to be a hell of an awesome  journey.

For the most part, Sticky In Africa is where I'll document my travel. It'll be my source of information and where I pen my thoughts along the way. Sticky In Africa will continuously evolved as I go along, eventually picking up photos of my own and real experiences.

I don't know what to expect by the end of all this. Turn this into a book? An independent documentary? Put everything away in a box and fall back to (gasp) routine? For now, I'm taking it one day at a time, just soaking it in.

So this is my journey.

Wish me luck.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...