Friday, March 11, 2011

I HATE TO WAKE YOU UP

All my bags are packed
I'm ready to go
I'm standing here
outside your door
I hate to wake you up
to say goodbye



Driving up to the Sg Buloh R&R for sate I'll still sing the song.

I'm all set! Passport....check! Ticket....check! Just about what I need!

I'm just hanging around at home with the family today. My final hours in Kuala Lumpur.

- image from www.bbc.co.uk
But just as I was having everything ready, there in the news, another earthquake struck, this time north-east Japan at 2.46 p.m., an 8.9 on the Richter scale. I watched in horror at the bird's eye video of a tsunami sweeping inland, the Sendai airport, farmlands, homes, just the sheer force and magnitude unstoppable. I was immediately taken back to the 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami on Boxing Day killing hundreds of thousands, the worst in the last century. 

I got in contact with Wade immediately and I was relieved as he assured me that he's fine; that he's nowhere near the epicentre nor the coast but "the ground is still shaking - I feel hungover!"....More good news; Sebastien too, informed us that he's alright.

I'm excited of leaving but as a tsunami warning is issued for the entire Pacific Coast including Philippines, Russia, Hawaii in my mind I keep thinking....Please, please, please, say that you're OK....
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...